Dr. Selassie’s mission is to assist in healing the world using evidence-based naturopathic medicine so people can be their healthiest best and live their life’s purpose.
Naturopathic Medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies.
Naturopathic medicine uses certain discipline to assist in healing:
- Diet: Nutrition using food
- Supplements: Nutrition using supplements with a therapeutic value
- Lifestyle: Stress, sleep, social support, work-life balance, bowel movements, emotional blocks
- Homeopathy: Remedies used to strengthen your vital force.
Dr. Selassie sees patients at the New Flower Center for Naturopathic Medicine and actively speaking at seminars and teaching classes. She hosted over 400 LIVE weekly radio shows to 22,000 listeners. She is available for teaching, speaking, and as a radio host. Please contact her.
Dr. Selassie mostly patients with chronic illness. They are frustrated with their treatment because they are not getting better. They still suffer despite drug treatment, they are not able to find a cure, and sometimes not even able to manage their disease.
Some conditions she supports:
- Thyroid Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Food Intolerance and Allergies
- Autoimmune Disease (Lupus, rheumatoid)
- Women’s Health (fertility, fibroids, etc)
- Skin Conditions (acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc.)
- Heart Disease
About Naturopathic Medicine:
Naturopathic Medicine is an art and science blending the best of modern medical science and traditional natural medical approaches to not only treat disease, but to also restore health.
Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) go to a post-baccalaureate 4-year accredited naturopathic medical school. The first 2 years, NDs learn all the same basic sciences and diagnostic skills as a conventional medical doctor in terms of subjects and hours of training. NDs learn the same medical sciences like anatomy, pathology, and biochemistry. NDs also learn to use the same labs, physical exams, and medical imaging that hospitals and clinics utilize to diagnose diseases and monitor health.
Naturopathic Doctor’s clinical training is spent in an outpatient setting, using natural treatments. These treatments include diet, nutritional supplements including vitamins, natural herbs and homeopathy, before resorting to drugs or surgeries. Drugs and surgeries are necessary, but NDs are trained to try all other less invasive therapies first.
The Six Principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
1. First Do No Harm: Use the least invasive therapy first.
2. The Vis Medicatrix Naturae: The human body has an innate ability to heal itself, the doctor is just the assistant, providing the natural tools for the body to do do.
3. Docere: The doctor must teach their patients to use diet, nutrition, homeopathy, exercise, lifestyle changes and cutting edge natural therapies to help their patients eliminate disease and reach optimal health.
4. Find the Cause: Don’t not just treat the symptoms, but address the cause
5. Treat the Whole Person: A disease states has many factors; emotional, spiritual, mental, as well as Physical. Furthermore if there is a diseased organ, getting the whole body in shape will also help to heal the singular organ
6. Prevention: Preventing disease is a Naturopathic Doctor’s specialty for 1 ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.